A Principal’s Reflections: Engagement Does Not Always Equate to Learning
Here are some questions that will assist in determining if engagement is leading to actual learning:
Is the technology being integrated in a purposeful way grounded in sound pedagogy?
- What are the learning objectives/outcomes?
- Are students demonstrating the construction of new knowledge? Are they creating a learning product/artifact?
- How are students applying essential skills they have acquired to demonstrate conceptual mastery?
- What assessments (formative, summative) are being used to determine standard attainment?
- How are students being provided feedback as to their progress towards the specific learning objectives/outcomes?
- Is there alignment to current observation/evaluation tools?